7 Smart Ways To Save Money On Custom Packaging!
Packaging has the power to change perception about a product. A good packaging box can influence a buyer’s decision and can be an ideal tool for marketing. The word ‘customized’ in packaging is not a buzzword, but it has a deeper meaning. It doesn’t mean you get generic boxes and use your brand stickers to sell the product. Instead, this is all about creating a box that is designed with the product needs in mind. Contrary to popular belief, large quantity custom packaging doesn’t have to be expensive, and in this post, we are sharing 7 smart ways to save money.
- Always choose the size correctly. If your product is bigger than the product itself, you will have to add more cushioning for extra protection. Similarly, if the box doesn’t offer enough protection, products may damage in transit. Make sure that you select the right size for the box, which can prevent extra costs involved in buying bigger boxes.
- Order in bulk. This is just a basic rule – When you order in bulk, you get better discounts and rates. Of course, every vendor is different, but when production is done in volume, expenses can be curtailed. This also gives your company enough scope to negotiate with the vendor about the price.
- Don’t overdo the printing. More printing requires more ink and expertise, and that can add to the cost of a custom box. The best custom packaging ideas are minimalistic, and if that can help in savings, you should definitely consider the idea. Add your brand information and selected details about the product only.
- Work with a reliable vendor. When it comes to custom packaging, the vendor or manufacturer matters more than anything else. You want a company that can take orders as small as 100 boxes and can also handle large orders, if requested. Big vendors are more flexible and can offer better pricing.
- Go for corrugated boxes. Corrugated boxes are most recycled, and that way, your company can opt for an ecofriendly option. Also, this option is way cheaper than cardboard boxes. Although the choice should depend on your product’s packaging needs, the idea is worthwhile for most niches.
With these aspects in mind, go ahead and get custom packaging for your products. More than anything else, it is one of the simplest ways to talk about brand value and ideas, and there is enough scope to innovate as required.